Engaged parents are essential to the success of Mercy Montessori, and once your child is enrolled, we invite you to become actively involved through the Mercy Montessori Parents Association – the MMPA.
The Mercy Montessori Parents Association provides support in organizing field trip and student activities, sponsors educational events for parents, and assists with general fundraising. The events are designed for families to celebrate and enjoy each other’s company at various times throughout the year.
We need your help. MMPA is a volunteer organization, and relies on the time, effort, talents and creativity of the many parents and grandparents whose commitment makes these projects a success. Please consider joining the team for the project or projects of your choice. To become involved call the school or any one of the officers. We will gladly assist you.
MMPA sponsors events for both students and parents throughout the school year. Notification of each of these events goes out to each Mercy family well in advance through the weekly school notes. Please be sure to check for upcoming opportunities.
MMPA Board Meetings are held on the second Monday of each month throughout the school year, and all Mercy parents are welcome and encouraged to attend. Jump in — Parents are encouraged to serve on the MMPA. Officers are approved annually after offering their services to the community.
The 2013-2014 School Year Officers are:
- President: Mary Beth Losch
- Vice-President: Rachel Heitkamp
- Secretary: Jennifer Zembrodt
- Treasurer: Paige Ellerman
- Hospitality/Social Coordinator: Heather Morath
- Ambassador Coordinator: Susan Fraley
- Primary & Lower Elementary: Celeste Morgan and Mary Beth Losch
- Upper Elementary: Stephanie Sommer
- Junior High: Molly Klesa
- Play Day Coordinator: Raechel Scarchilli
- Education Coordinator: Abby Moran
- Kroger Card Sales: Amy Matlock
- Remke/Biggs Card Coordinator: Annette Wright
- Green Bean Delivery Coordinator: To Be Announced
- SCRIPS Coordinator: Stephanie Sommer
- Spring Flower Sale: Scott Cotner-Young
- Teacher Representative: Beth Woeber
- Athletic Representative: Tom Grant
- Principal: Patty Normile