Upcoming Admissions Events (Register here)
- February 9 – Preschool & Kindergarten Open House (1-3pm)
- February 20 – Meet the Teacher Morning (9:30-11am)
- March 25 – Meet the Teacher Morning (9:30-11am)
- April 24 – Meet the Teacher Morning (9:30-11am)
Mercy Montessori Fast Facts:
- Mercy Montessori currently has 287 students enrolled (as of 10/1/19).
- Mercy is Cincinnati’s first Catholic Montessori grade school founded in 1969.
- Mercy has a unique sliding scale tuition model to accommodate families.
- Mercy is conveniently located minutes from downtown Cincinnati in East Walnut Hills, attracting students from over 60 zip codes.
- Mercy’s curriculum includes weekly swimming instruction, digital citizenship, service learning, and a farm to table microeconomy program.
Mercy Montessori Admissions Pathway
STEP 1: Inquiry
STEP 2: Take a Tour
Student led tours of the school are available at anytime by contacting the Admissions office and take place during the school day between the hours of 9am and 2pm.
STEP 3: The Application
The application is available through our school website. Upon completing the application, a $50 nonrefundable application fee will be due. Your application will not be processed until the fee has been paid. The admissions office will review the application once received and contact you to schedule a student visit. Mercy accepts applications year round.
STEP 4: The Student Visit
The Admissions Director will call you to schedule a school visit for your child. For student ages 3-5, this visit lasts 30 minutes. For students applying for 1st level through 8th level, applicants will spend one half day in the classroom with the teacher and their peers and finish with lunch and recess (8:30am-1PM). Student visits start in January and classroom visits occur throughout the remainder of the year.
STEP 5: Acceptance
Acceptance of a child is based on several factors. One of these factors is the match of the family’s and the school’s educational goals for the child. Siblings of present contracted students are given priority. New applicants are selected for the remaining spaces. One of our goals is to maintain gender and age balance within the classrooms. Evaluations from the child’s present school (if applicable) also play an important part in the review process. Each application is reviewed by the Principal. Families will be notified by mail or phone. Enrollment packets will be sent out to families in February who have already been accepted and will continue to be sent out to newly accepted families through the remaining school year. The tuition packet must be returned by the date outlined in the contract. In addition, the tuition packet must be returned with a copy of your most recent tax form. 10% of your tuition is due with your enrollment packet as your down payment.
Applicants will be placed on our waiting list if there are no openings for the child. You will be notified when a space becomes available.
Admissions Contact Information