Ideal Graduate Statements
The ideal graduate from Mercy Montessori Center will:
- Make moral, sound decisions based on the Gospel message.
- Be an active participant in church or place of worship.
- Be grounded in the Catholic faith and have an open respect and appreciation of other faiths.
- Possess a solid grasp of the fundamentals of mathematics, language arts, social studies, science, and fine arts in order to be prepared for future educational endeavors.
- Be intrinsically motivated to love learning while possessing a self disciplined approach to education.
- Fluent technology skills and responsible digital citizenship.
- Be self confident and able to stand up for himself as well as others using conflict resolution skills.
- Be committed to a nurturing community life.
- In appreciating social diversity be an active citizen and work towards social justice.
- Be a good steward of the environment.
The ideal graduate from Mercy Montessori will have developed an intrinsic sense of motivation and will possess a solid grasp of the fundamentals of mathematics, language arts, social studies, science and fine arts. Through practice, they will realize their role in the Cosmic Plan and will work toward social justice, be a good steward of the environment and employ peaceful conflict resolution skills. They will appreciate arts, culture, diversity, and will build peace in their homes, schools, and communities.Written and accepted by the Mercy Faculty and Staff June 2015